- 1 Fashion Designing Courses After 10th & 12th Arts Commerce admission, eligibility, career
Fashion Designing Courses After 12th – Fashion designing is one of the most creative and expressing jobs. If you want to pursue the Fashion designing course than you need to learn about the fashion of future. One thing is certain that fashion will never go out of style and it is one of the highest paying jobs.
Fashion Designing Courses After 10th & 12th Arts Commerce admission, eligibility, career
About Fashion Designing
Fashion designing was always therefore mankind learn how to make clothes. Design a cloth and coloring it and make it more attractive asa humaninstinct. One of the first fashion designers came very late in the 19th century in France. His name was Charles Frederick Worth and he was first to put his brand name on clothes.
Fashion designing is an art like writing and painting. Many people learn it but only one of the few could make a great fashion designer. You cant learn fashion designing by parroting word by word or scoring in the exam, it comes from within and if you find your dream to become a fashion designer, then rest of the work is easy.
A fashion designer is someone who can inspired by nature and make a fashion trend or get their inspiration from anywhere. It requirescreativity and constant knowledge of changing fashion trends. What was in fashion yesterday will not work today and maybe trend in future. A fashion designer hasa keen eye for colors and design and materials too. It takes lots of year of practice to become a professional fashion designer but with proper teaching and guidance, you can learn and become fashioner designer easily.
What is the requirement to become a fashion designer?
If you are going to pursue the fashion design after 12th, it doesn’t that you have done Art, science or commerce. However, you at least need 50% marks to get in any institution.
You need to have knowledge of trend, fabric, color,and style.
You also need to know about pattern cutting, grading and garment construction.
You need to be good at drawing because every fashion idea was once just a sketch
You need to have communication skills to lead a team or convey your idea of fashion
How to Become a fashion designer?
There many degrees and diploma courses available in India to pursue the Fashion designing. Some of them are below.
- Bachelor Of Design (Fashion Design): this is a 4-yearbachelor degree courses. This one can surely help you to reshape your fashion career as it will have all the information of international fashion trends.
- Bachelor Of Design (Textile Design): clothes and textile is the heart of fashion. This 4 years long bachelor degree course will help you understand more about textile and its manufacturing to the selection.
- Bachelor Of Design (Accessory Design): accessory is one of the most important factorsin the fashion. What goes with what and what will compliment your dress and yourself. This 4-year long course will help you understand and design the fashion accessory.
- Bachelor Of Design (Leather Design): they said that leather was one of the first ever human cloths material and itsstill in trends. This 4-year long course will help you make all the leather designs and accessory. You will learn leather processing, material knowledge, market knowledge. Shoe industries are booming and brands like Nike and rebook are making billions of dollar every year, this course will open the doors to that.
- Bachelor Of Design (Fashion Communication): this course is all about branding and marketing of fashion. Without a brand marketing, no fashion can survive and to make sure the work can reach out to maximum people, this course will help you.
- Bachelor’s Degree In Retail And Fashion Merchandise: this course is one of the most demanding ones in the market. It will help you get management skills and fashion skills and its hard to come by.
- Footwear Design And Production: this course is focused on footwear market and as I mentioned earlier, it is one of the biggest selling markets in the world. To know about manufacturing to creating footwear, this course will help you.
There are some of the other course you can try like
- Artistic-Basic Jewellery Design Program
- Sc Degree in Fashion, Interior,and Textile Design
- Arch. (Interior Design)
- Sc – Interior Designing
- Sc – Jewellery Designing & Management
- Sc Fashion Technology
- Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design (BFAD)
- BSc (Fashion & Apparel Designing)
- Diploma in Fashion Designing -Basic (1 Year)
- Diploma Course in Textile Designing
- Diploma in Advanced Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design (DFAD)
- Diploma In Gems &Jewellery
- Designer Coordinator-Interior Design
- Graduate Diploma Programme in Product Design
- Professional course Interior Design
- Three Year International Programme in Fashion Design
What are the job opportunities for a Fashion designer?
- Fashion Designer
- Assistant Designer
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Buyer
- Assistant Buyer
- Merchandise Manager
- Design Director
- Fashion Director
- Visual Merchandising Director
- Fashion Editor
What is the top fashion institute in India?
There are many notable institutes in India which provides fashion designing course after 12th. For most of the institute, you will be needed to give an entrance exam first, which will be written and many others. These are some of the most prestigious fashion designinginstitutes in India.
|Rank||Name of the College||Address||College Website|
|1||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||NIFT Campus, Hauz Khas, Opp. Gulmohar Park, Delhi||http://nift.ac.in|
|2||Pearl Academy||A-21/13, Naraina Industrial Area, Phase II, Delhi||http://pearlacademy.com/delhi.php|
|3||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||Plot no 15, Sector 4 , Kharghar, Mumbai||http://nift.ac.in/mumbai/|
|4||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||NIFT Campus, C.A. Site #21, Sector-1, 27th Main , HSR Layout, Bangalore||http://nift.ac.in/bengaluru|
|5||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||(Ministry of Textiles, Government of India) Opp-Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad-500081||http://www.nift.ac.in/|
|6||Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)||Survey No. 231, SVC Campus, New Airport Road, Viman Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411014||http://sid.edu.in/|
|7||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||NIFT Campus, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani, Chennai||http://nift.ac.in/chennai/|
|8||National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)||NIFT Campus, Plot-3B, Block-LA, Near 16 No. Water Tank, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 098||http://www.nift.ac.in/|
|9||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT)||Industrial Area, Phase 1, Mohali||http://niiftindia.com/|
|10||Pearl Academy of Fashion||P-38A RIICO Industrial Area, Delhi Road ,Kukas, Jaipur-302028||http://pearlacademy.com|
We hope this article would help you understand more about Fashion designing and their course. If you need to know more, do let us know in the comments.